The spray dryer is a device that can complete drying and granulation at the same time. According to the process requirements, the pressure, flow rate, and size of the nozzle hole of the feed liquid pump can be adjusted to obtain the required spherical particles in a certain size ratio. The spray dryer is a type of continuous atmospheric dryer. The liquid material is sprayed into mist with special equipment to make it contact with hot air and be dried. It is used to dry some heat-sensitive liquids, suspensions and viscous liquids. It is also used to dry fuels, intermediates, soap powder and inorganic salts. Generally include laboratory spray dryers, airflow spray dryers, high-speed centrifugal spray dryers, low-temperature spray dryers, closed-loop spray dryers, etc.
The working principle of spray dryer:
Spray drying is a method of producing dry powder from liquid or slurry by rapid drying with hot gas. This is the preferred method for drying many heat-sensitive substances such as food and medicine. Consistent particle size distribution is the reason for spray drying some industrial products such as catalysts. Air is the heated drying medium, providing a wide range of spray drying systems, suitable for continuous production of dry solids, granules or agglomerated granules from liquid raw materials in one stage. Spray drying is one of the most widely used industrial processes for particle formation and drying, mainly because of its unique functional advantages in the atomization of feed liquids.
Advantages of spray dryer:
1. It can run in various applications from aseptic pharmaceutical processing to ceramic powder production.
2. It can be designed to almost all required capacity, and the feed rate ranges from one liter per hour to more than 500 kg per hour.
3. The powder quality remains consistent throughout the drying process.
4. The operation is continuous and adapts to fully automatic control.
5. Various spray dryer designs can meet various product specifications.
6. It can be used with heat-resistant and heat-sensitive products.
7. As long as they can be pumped, the raw materials can be abrasive, corrosive, flammable, explosive or toxic.
Contact Person: Ms. Wei