1. Too coarse powder is a direct factor affecting tablet hardness. The traditional Chinese medicine powder is too coarse, and the distance between the particles is large during tableting, which reduces the cohesion of the particles, is not easy to form, and reduces the hardness of the traditional Chinese medicine tablet. Therefore, the fineness of traditional Chinese medicine powder used in the production of traditional Chinese medicine tablets must be above 100 mesh.
2. When producing tablets containing a large amount of volatile oil, fat, wax fat and other Chinese medicinal materials, it is easy to cause difficulty in forming, loose tablets and poor hardness during tableting. Because such ingredients can reduce the cohesion between particles, the volatile oil should be removed or used during production. Paraffin degreasing and other methods reduce the fat content in the particles, increase cohesion, and improve the hardness of the tablet.
3. Chinese medicinal materials contain fibers, such as animal crustaceans and mineral medicinal materials. These medicinal materials have large elasticity, strong plasticity, and low viscosity. They are difficult to press and reduce the hardness of tablets. Therefore, in actual production, they must be used first. Method treatment, such as dissolving with a suitable solvent or treating with alkali (crustaceans), making the effective ingredients in this kind of medicinal materials into concentrated liquid or other forms, and then producing them according to the tablet process, which can greatly improve the compressibility of the particles. Reduce particle elasticity and enhance tablet hardness.
4. The thickness of the soft material particles also affects the hardness of the tablet. The thickness of the tablet particles is determined by the weight of the tablet and the diameter of the tablet. Generally speaking, relatively large tablets can be compressed with relatively large particles. On the contrary, Only small granules can be used to compress tablets. In the production, if the granules of the Chinese medicine are too thick, the cohesion of the granules will be reduced, causing loose tablets and reducing the hardness of the tablet. If the granules of Chinese medicine are too small, it will cause poor flow and even the granules. Insufficient filling of the die hole causes loose pieces, thereby reducing the hardness of the finished product.
5. The hardness of traditional Chinese medicine granules directly affects the hardness of the tablet. Granules with moderate hardness are the prerequisite to ensure the hardness of the tablet. Loose granules are not easy to be compressed into tablets, and the hardness is worse. In actual production, in order to ensure that the hardness of the granules is appropriate, For Chinese medicinal materials with poor compressibility and a certain amount of fiber, strong adhesives such as dextrin and sucrose should be used. It can greatly increase the hardness of the particles and enhance the hardness of the tablet, but it must have a certain experience basis and strictly control the amount of binder. In order to avoid unfavorable phenomena such as numb surface, variegation, prolonged disintegration time limit or unqualified due to too hard granules.
6. The moisture content of traditional Chinese medicine granules is another important factor that affects the hardness of the tablet. The moisture in the granules plays an important role in the formation of the tablet and the quality assurance. Relatively dry Chinese medicine granules have large elasticity, low plasticity, and cannot be compressed. Appropriate moisture can enhance the plasticity and viscosity of the granules and reduce the elasticity, thereby increasing the hardness of the tablet. Too high water content in the granules will cause stickiness. Punching, loosening the tablet, etc., reduce the hardness of the tablet, and the water content in the granules is controlled in different ranges due to different varieties, generally controlled between 2% and 7%.
7. The type and amount of lubricant also affect the hardness of the tablet. In actual production, the lubricant is selected or a combination of multiple lubricants is used according to the actual situation to change the poor fluidity of the particles and insufficient tablet hardness caused by insufficient filling. It can also improve the appearance of the tablet.
8. Manufacturing machinery is also a factor that can not be ignored due to insufficient hardness of the tablet. Generally, there are three aspects: ① The speed of the tablet press is too fast, and the compression time of the tablet is relatively short, which causes the hardness of the loose tablet to decrease. Slow down the mechanical speed, prolong the compression time of the tablet and increase the hardness. ②The pressure of the tablet press is not enough, which causes the hardness of the loose tablets to decrease, which can be solved by increasing the mechanical pressure of the tablet press. ③The length of the punch used is not the same (mostly occurs during mixed punching), the pressure on the tablet will be different, and the hardness of the tablet will decrease when the pressure is small. At this time, stop the machine and replace the punch.