Compared with conventional freeze-drying methods, laboratory freeze-dryers consume less heat than other drying methods. Many heat-sensitive substances do not denature or inactivate. When drying at low temperature, some volatile components in the material are lost very little.
During the freeze-drying process, the growth of microorganisms and the action of enzymes cannot proceed, so the original properties can be maintained. Since it is dried in a frozen state, the volume is almost unchanged, the original structure is maintained, and no concentration phenomenon occurs.
Drying can remove more than 95%-99% of the moisture, so that the dried material maintains the original chemical composition and physical properties (such as porous structure, colloidal properties, etc.).
Since the drying is carried out under vacuum with very little oxygen, some easily oxidizable substances are protected. The dried material is loose and porous, in the form of sponge, dissolves rapidly and completely after adding water, and restores its original shape almost immediately.
In addition to the application in the production of western medicine, the laboratory freeze-drying machine is also used in the production of traditional Chinese medicine. There are many advantages of freeze-drying technology in the production of traditional Chinese medicine preparations:
1. The medicinal liquid is subpackaged before freeze-drying, which is convenient, accurate and continuous.
2. Drying at low temperature and low pressure is conducive to maintaining the activity of heat-sensitive components, and can avoid decomposition, denaturation or deterioration under high temperature and high pressure.
3. The water content of freeze-dried products is low (generally 1%~3%), and at the same time, it can be dried and stored under vacuum or even nitrogen protection conditions, and the products are not easy to be oxidized, which is conducive to long-distance transportation and long-term storage.
4. The product has a porous and loose structure with basically unchanged color, good rehydration, and freeze-dried drugs can quickly absorb water and restore to the state before freeze-drying.
5. It is easy to perform aseptic operation and can be produced in large quantities. The freeze-drying equipment is closed for operation, the installation environment is clean, and the pollution of bacteria and particles is reduced. The vacuum hypoxia after drying and packaging can sterilize and inhibit the vitality of some bacteria.
In fact, laboratory freeze-drying machine is a kind of freeze-drying equipment, all of which use freeze-drying method. Choosing a suitable machine in the pharmaceutical process can improve the freeze-drying efficiency of drugs and ensure the smoothness of the pharmaceutical process.
Application of laboratory freeze-drying machine
Widely used in pharmaceuticals, biological products, chemical and food industries. For heat-sensitive substances, such as antibiotics, vaccines, blood products, hormones and other biological tissue enzymes, freeze-drying technology is applied.
Contact Person: Ms. Wei