Small Centrifugal Atomizer Spray Pharmaceutical Dryers Chemical Food Dyes
|Main Technical Parameters|
|Drying chamber diameter mm||1000||1200|
|Atomizer type||Centrifugal disc atomizer/0.4KW||Centrifugal disc atomizer/0.4KW|
|Evaporation capacity kg/h||3-5||5-8|
|Inlet hot air temperature ℃||60-300 (PLC control)||60-300 (PLC control)|
|Outlet hot air temperature ℃||80-90||80-90|
|Electrical heater KW||12||18|
|Rotation speed RPM||2900||2900|
|Air pressure Pa||3584-3597||3507-3253|
|Air flow rate M3/h||824-1264||1410-1704|
|Product collection rate %||≥98%||≥98%|
|Power supply type||240/380/416V, 50/60Hz, 3P||240/380/416V, 50/60Hz, 3P|
Spray drying is a method of producing dry powder from liquid or slurry materials by rapidly drying with a hot gas. This is the preferred method of drying of many thermally-sensitive materials such as foods and pharmaceuticals.
Liquid material is pumped into the top installed rotary disc atomizer by mono pump and atomized into fine droplets inside the drying chamber. Heated clean hot air is blown into the air distributor at the same time.
The evenly and swirly distributed hot air completely contacts with the droplets for heat transfer. The droplets are dried into powder in several seconds and sucked out into the cyclone for discharging via exhaust fan.
LPG series spray dryer has been widely used in pharmaceutical, chemical and foodstuff industry for drying liquid material into fine powder.
1) Particle size control: The dry particle size can be easily controlled by atomization of the liquid feed and the design of the hot gas inlet. This spray dryer can typically produce between 30 to 500 micron average particle size, in a bell shaped distribution.
2) The evaporative cooling of product: The heat and mass transfer during drying occurs in the air and vapor films surrounding the droplet. This protective envelope of vapor keeps the particle at the saturation temperature. As long as the particle does not become "bone-dry", evaporation is still taking place and the temperature of the solids will not approach the dryer outlet temperature.
3) Short residence time: The surface area produced by atomization of the liquid feed enables a short gas residence time, ranging from 3-10 seconds depending upon the application, which permits spray drying without thermal degradation.
4) Flow properties of dry product: The shape of most spray dried particles is spherical, which provides for fluid-like flow properties. This makes many downstream operations, such as packaging, pressing, filtering, and handling easier and less costly.
5) Size design of drying chamber: The size of drying chamber is specially designed to prevent droplets sticking to the inner wall, dried powder accumulating on the cone part and guarantee enough residence time.